Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Change in Name

As of today, Survive And Thrive becomes.....


This is just a quick note to let everyone know that I have changed the name of our game to A Struggle To Survive.  Having spent the last year working under the Survive And Thrive banner, my research into this name led me to the sad conclusion that it was much too common of a phrase to stand out in the crowd.  Not only did I find other games with the same name, I found all sorts of non-game topics that embraced the survive-thrive theme.  I found references with charitable, financial, healthcare, and energy companies.  In fact, the more I looked the more I found.  It is an extremely popular phrase and I don't know why I didn't do this research before now.

Brain-storming with my wife for a possible replacement has led us to this new title which fits the game quite nicely and is sparsely used.  I have just now secured the domain and we will continue under this new and exciting moniker.  Please update your link.

astruggletosurvivedevblog.blogspot.com

My work continues with the Seasons update.  Graphical work is so incredibly tedious!  I have tree sprites all over the place that need to be created or updated to properly show the seasons.  However, I found an exciting new tool to assist me with my winter variations.  It is called Krita, a free and open source paint program.  It inspired me to revamp the Maple tree design to look more like a traditional maple trunk and to drop some snow on those barren branches!  Here is the new deciduous Maple along with the coniferous Spuce.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. All comments are moderated.